Two-Sided Donut Story
To: My Family
I tiptoed upstairs to my bedroom and sat down on the edge of my bed and I sighed, goodness, why did I have to crash the darned car? I should have said no to Rushika, I should have, I should, I should have, but I didn’t!
My mom had been furious! At first she’d been worried about my wellbeing, but after it was apparent that I was fine she really blew her top. It was like poisoned-tipped arrows had been thrown at me, it was painful. I wasn’t allowed to read for three months and I was the one responsible for paying the damage and insurance fees. I had hung my head as we’d sat in the car silent. No radio, no talking, no nothing, I was in big trouble.
When we’d gotten home my mom had said I had to go straight to bed and I did, with dragging feet that felt like lead. I felt so ashamed, and it was an awful feeling.
When my mom phoned my dad the next day, he was in Holland on a business trip. My mom was slightly mad at him because he told us stories about the donuts that he used to do with his friends, and he used to do donuts with us in the car, so that was apparently bad role modeling. I have to admit they are pretty awesome, but it’s not fun to risk someone’s life.
I’m going to be in trouble for a while, but it’s not so bad knowing that it will get better, someday.
To: My Friends
As I walked into school the next day I felt pain shoot up my neck and I grimaced, that’s what I got for crashing that confounded car. Last night I’d haed this dream that kept bringing me back to the accident. My head had been thrown forward and then snapped back, the cause of the neck pains, and I kept seeing red…the red blood of my friend as she slowly, and painfully died. I had woken up screaming and sweating profusely.
As I sat down at my desk my friend looked very much alive as she babbled on about how worried her boyfriend (the second one this month!) was about her when he’d found out about the crash. For some reason all she ever thinks about these days is her boyfriend. And okay, maybe he’s considered hot, funny and a sweet guy, but seriously, guys are not the only important things on earth!
Today though, the main topic, for her at least, was the fancy dress she was going to wear to prom, just for him. Personally, I think she’s a crazy, lovesick girl. I’m seriously thinking of talking to her sister (who’s a doctor) about a cure for Rushika.
Kanchini wasn’t really listening, she was pretty intent on finishing up the notes we were supposed to complete. I think Kan is going with her crush to prom, but who knows, she might end up going with someone completely different! After all, she is a diva.
Then, Rushika whipped around and was like, “Hey Breeze! Guess what? I told everyone about the crash and how my boyfriend reacted, he’s so totally sweet!” That was pretty much one of the most horrific things said to me. Why would she tell ANYONE about the crash? Like I said, she’s crazy!
By: Me!
lol, your stories are great!!! i love your metophars!!!
ReplyDeleteYour story is really well-written! I enjoyed it!
ReplyDelete